Saturday, January 18, 2020

(9) ~ carpark ~ Romania 🇷🇴Mission

Our parking garage is quite unusual; our spot is one of four.  When our top neighbors need to get their car down they push a button and the whole area 
under our car moves over then up to the top floor so his car can move down
to our old spot. He then must get out of his car, push the button again so that
his platform goes back up to his original spot and brings our car back down.
I still have not figured this out.  Only once was our platform gone; Bill went to
the little box, pushed a few buttons and presto our metal platform slid over.
It's so inventive! We've only been here a short time and up to this point our car
has always been where it is supposed to be; sometimes with a car above us
and sometimes without!  ~ It's the craziest ~
How cute is this . . . Every car, in Romania, that belongs to 
"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" 
has an "LDS" license plate ~ I love it!
The 1st four days we were running around with the Richardsons getting all kinds 
of items to set up our apartment.  We did one run to the grocery store but by that weekend we had to run out again.  Since we didn't have a car yet, we ventured out in the cold weather and walked to Carrefour.  It really wasn't that far but it seemed like it was -32 degrees below 0 (as far as I was concerned 😬).  I was so exhausted from sleep deprivation and going non-stop with my wounded little knees that I kind of thought I might just fall down and become unconscious right there in 
the middle of the road. But, of course, with Bills help I persevered; he is always my best little helper who pushes (or pulls) me along; I would have said 'carry 
me' but with our present physical conditions I figured that would be too much 
of a stretch 😁!  While shopping we bought this cute little grocery cart on 
wheels. I stuffed it with more groceries and Bill carried the laundry basket 
filled with detergent and all the heavy items.  We had to get a lot of the small 
(and big) necessity's for our sweet apartment 😛!