Friday, July 29, 2016

~put the lime in the coconut

July 2016
Pomelo's are one of my favorite fruits. I used to eat them all the time in 
Thailand where they were on every corner, peeled and ready to buy. 
They taste like a sweet grapefruit! Unfortunately, in Cambodia, they 
mostly sell the whole Pomelo and you have to peel (or cut off) the very 
thick white skins which is very difficult. The skin also taste pretty nasty if 
any is left on! As you can see in the picture when I tried to peel and cut my 
pomelo it was a disaster.  Unfortunately, they are not as easy to buy here as in Thailand so I don't get to eat them as much! But it is worth the work when I do!
 
The last time we got a massage we were given some dragon fruit, 
which was a delightful treat ~ usually we just get a cup of water!

Check out this "Scrumptious" menu!?!

I used to have to get my thin crusted Pizza (above) from Brooklyn Diner, but now with the new Domino's down the street this has become my place of choice!
I call these hairy-berries but they are really called Rambutan. 

They have a hard seed inside that the fruit sticks to so you 
have to bite and peel off the fruit with your teeth!

I drink this soy milk every single day! I love it! 
I drank it constantly in Thailand, too!
A few other favorite fruits are Mango, Papaya, Jackfruit, Mangosteen and Longan (I tried Longan at our Ward "Cruise Boat" Activity and it was different but kind of tasty)!