Monday, July 18, 2016

~dairy queen delight

We arrived in Cambodia safe and sound (after a couple layovers, 27 hours of traveling and 8,246 miles) around 8am Tuesday morning!
No wonder we looked so haggard with our DQ Treats!!  I am more sure now than ever before that miracles do happen!!  Upon our arrival and just after we left the terminal the first thing I saw was Dairy Queen!  I will never have to 
worry about missing America while here in Cambodia as long 
as I am close to one of my favorite places in the World! 

My memories of DQ started way back in Elementary School when we moved across town (in Littleton, Colorado) and I was a little sad to leave all my friends.  There was a Dairy Queen within biking distance so I would save up my babysitting money and purchase a Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Cone as often as possible! From then on Dairy Queen became my best friend for life and the love affair never ended!  At BYU I doubled (or tripled) my calorie intake (and added to my "freshman 15") by eating a Hot Fudge Sundae topped with Spanish Peanuts and Banana Slices bi-weekly! Moving to California brought treats for my 3 little ones in the form of Vanilla Ice Cream Cones (in no time at all Marcie would have hers dripping all over her chin but would refuse to let me help her "clean" it up, I think she figured out early on that after Mom's "help" half her cone would be missing by the time she got it back ~Smart Girl!)!  In Las Vegas we enjoyed FHE Dilly Bars and in Chicago (where both Mindy [longer] and Marcie [shorter] happened to worked at DQ) the kids and I had more than one parent/child interview as I enjoyed a Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard (often times supplying my own non-chocolate PBC filling when I would be "off" chocolate for a period of time). Then back to Provo (when we moved to Alpine) where, before or after the BYU games, Bill would treat me to a scrumptious Peanut Buster Parfait.  And last but not least on all our trips, back and forth, from St George to SLC, we would stop at DQ for a Banana Split to break up that long mundane drive!!  Each time that I have a treat from DQ it brings a smile to my face and pleasure to my tummy!
                                     
~Thank you Dairy Queen for making me feel at Home~