Wednesday, February 5, 2020

(17) ~ oh, what a night ~ Romania 🇷🇴Mission

 Thursday, February 6, 2020

Tonight I was still feeling a bit worn out but decided I was up to going "Streetboarding"  with the missionaries. This is where they stand on a side-walk and share the story of the Restoration with others. We met up with the 6 missionaries (Sisters: Tuecher, Gaskin and Elders: Mclaws, Laker, Firth and Sarkaty) around 5pm on the coldest winter night of the year.  Fortunately, we were bundled up nice and toasty warm and found a spot on a bridge in front of 
a beautiful river.  The wind was howling and blowing so hard that the Elders were unable to put up their Restoration poster sign.  Bill and I stood around for a bit and watched the sweet Sisters and Elders reach out (or block them in 😉) and talk to anyone who looked half interested in listening! The cold weather didn't stop them from sharing the message of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His Gospel in these latter days!
Adorable, beautiful Sister Missionary's ~ who could 
resist stopping and talking to these amazing young women!

It was so windy that the sign the Elders put up kept blowing down 😞😞.
Billy thought we could be a little more productive by going over across the street and handing out his Website cards to those going in or coming out of the Metro station.  Most people wouldn't bother taking a card so Bill thought we would be more successful if we showed them the "Facebook" contact information on the backside of the card. We would show them the card and ask them if they used "Facebook".  This was much more effective and Billy handed out over 50 cards and I got brave enough to do this and I handed out about 10 (I felt very proud of myself considering this was my first time actually reaching out to strangers while feeling 
out of my confront zone 😊).  It was very exciting when someone would actually take a card.  I would give a big smile and say, "Multumesc" meaning 'Thank~You'.  Multumesc is only the 2nd word have learned here in Romania.  Just like in Thailand, I keep getting corrected because of my pronunciation (or mispronunciation ~ Deja Vu 😛)!