Monday, February 3, 2020

(16) ~ Back in Romania ~ Romania 🇷🇴 Mission

Monday, February 3, 2020 
Just arrived back in Romania on Saturday the 1st. Needless to say it was a wonderful adventure! It is good to be back; I'm still not feeling 100% better. I've taken the last 5 days to recuperate, rest and do nothing. I'm almost done with my antibiotics ~ throat feels great but my left ear still feels like it hasn't popped. Crazy. I’m rubbing oils and sauve on it so I’m guessing it will unplug soon. I’m afraid to yawn too big cuz that causes real pain!
I am fascinated by the architecture here in Romania! I've probably taken a zillion pictures each time we go out driving around. It has many styles of buildings and homes throughout the country: Medieval, modern era, interwar, communist and contemporary 21st century Architecture.  The city of Bucharest is layered with different styles of buildings built right next to each other: some houses then a business building, then 2 houses, etc..  It is mix and match but I love it and I love driving through the city.
Unfortunately, the old buildings have not been refurbished on account of the different invasions from the surrounding countries but more importantly they do not meet code and in order for them to be restored it would take thousands and thousands of dollars and everything in each building would have to be modified to get up to the required standards. 
There are many building that have been painted, cleaned and  upgraded so at least their outside appearances are gorgeous. There is one building that I would love to live in but I am sure it would not have any modern facilties and I'm kind of used to our place here (which is a huge upgrade from our place in Cambodia 😂😛😉)!
This is our view from our apartment - parts of it looks like Gothem City but it is beautiful to me!
This is our night view which I've been looking out at each night as I recuperate!  It's good to be back with Billy!
 
All is good though. Lots of assignments we’ve got to calendar and get moving on! Billy has put up a Romanian Website and Facebook page that he began working while still in Utah (this is PRE-Coronavirus; he is so cool and always ahead of the times 😎).  He already has one friend, Derrick, that is interested in learning more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ so Bill passed him onto the missionaries. Hopefully we’ll see Derrick at church on Sunday. He lives a little over an hour away and since this whole concept is new it's hard for everyone to understand the idea of it! The missionaries are so adorable and since distance is an issue for all, they asked Bill if he could narrow the search closer to Bucharest. Ahhhh, no 😲, we figure the Lord knows who is searching for the Gospel of Jesus Christ so who are we to put a limit on Him 😉! Very exciting !