Sunday, February 5, 2017

~teacher, teacher

having the time of my life~
I always thought teaching the youth Sunday School class at Church would be the best calling in the whole world . . . guess what? . . .   I Was Right!!  I have the opportunity to teach the 12 to 18 year olds each Sunday and I am loving it! Not only is it a great calling ALL the kids in the class are outstanding!!  I mean REALLY!
We have a YM (young man) and a YW (young woman) from Nigeria, a brother and sister from the Philippines, 1 YM from Sri Lanka, 1 YW that parents are Cambodian/American and 3 YW from America!  It is a diverse class with spirit, strength and courage! They have such great attitudes and a love of the scriptures!  They challenge me and each other!
The fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ is designed to bring about man's immortality and eternal life. It includes the 3 pillars of Eternity; the Creation, Fall, and the Atonement, along with all God-given laws, ordinances, and doctrines.  This plan makes it possible for all people to be exalted and live forever with God (2 Nep 2,9).  The scriptures also refer to this plan as the plan of salvation, the plan of exaltation, the plan of redemption and the plan of happiness.
For January we studied about the Godhead. We learned that there are 3 separate persons in the Godhead: God, the Eternal Father; his Son, Jesus Christ; and the Holy Ghost. We believe in each of them (AoF 1:1). From latter-day revelation we learn that the Father and the Son have tangible bodies of flesh and bone and that the Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit, without flesh and bone (D&C 130:22-23). These three persons are one in perfect unity and harmony of purpose and doctrine.**  
 The Holy Ghost is the true teacher and I can only hope and pray that I can teach these precious children about the nature of the Godhead and that they can gain a testimony of these sacred things.
These Young Women and Young Men respect and revere their Heavenly Father and their older brother, Jesus Christ.  They know the names of Deity are sacred and use them with reverence. I am so proud of them!  I LOVE SUNDAY'S!

** https://www.lds.org/scriptures/gs/god-godhead?lang=eng&letter=g