Sunday, February 19, 2017

~git bizzy

Bill and I wore many hats at church today~
Sunday, February 19, 2017
When we first arrived at church I had to go and set up 2 separate class rooms then get back to the Chapel and find someone to pass out the fliers/announcements (that we had made the night before).  I then got the Hymn numbers for the Sacrament songs up on the board and begin playing the prelude music. Everyone else in the Branch Presidency were out of town so Bill ended up conducting.  Last Sunday the Branch President asked Bill and I to speak in Sacrament today, so we both spoke.  I played the piano (I had mentioned this once before in a blog but I didn't clarify that I do not know how to play the piano - it is a "self-playing" piano/organ so I just get to sit there and look awesome - yes, I mean AWESOME!  I just think it is spectacular if someone actually knows how to play the piano [my sister-in-law, Cindy] so I will assume that that is how everyone feels about me when I am up there as well (wink, wink)😜😜!)!
After Sacrament meeting I run downstairs to my SS class and spent the next hour with those 
adorable teens.  After Sunday School I run back upstairs to be in the nursery with Charlie (Chantel
was sick today).  There was another gal running the nursery while we were back in the States over Christmas vacation but she got a new calling and was released.  They didn't have a nursery leader anymore and since all the kids graduated to the older Primary class, except Charlie and Chantel, these 2 had just been going to Sharing Time and then just playing with toys the last hour.  I love the nursery and felt that there was no reason to not spend the last hour in there with them and get the program running like before!  I must say that with me being out of the nursery for just a couple months I was a little surprise that my organized closet was in such a disarray.  During snack time, while Charlie ate, I re-organized, got rid of stuff, and cleaned up the closet! Phew ~ it feels like home again!

Bill was also  asked to speak in one of the Primary classes!
Needless to say it was a very "bizzy" day!

SIDE NOTE: The piano thing is a hoot!  It is bit tricky cuz after each verse you have to push "start" to begin the next verse and it has a pause before you can push it so sometimes my chorister (usually a YW) waits a couple seconds waiting for me to start the music cuz I wait a few beats too long or I'll accidentally double push the button cuz I'm too anxious worried about me being late with the beat.  Pretty funny - I also have to make sure I push the "intro" button before each song, then the "start" button for the first verse ~ it is very complicated!  And if that's not bad enough I have to hurry (especially if there are no announcements) and find the Sacrament song and get it up and ready right after our opening song or there is a big wait!!!  So stressful 😂 They should have these piano's everywhere - they are the bomb!  I should go practice and see if I could get used to using the organ part! - Oh and sometimes the hymns in the piano do not coordinate with the hymn numbers in the book and we've had to change a song midstream during the meeting (like the week before when I tried to pull up the Sacrament song and it came up with a number that was different than the number in the hymn book -  I had to go over and tell Bill to tell the BP and then I went back and changed the numbers on the board - talk about pressure 😜!)!