Monday, October 5, 2020

~ Fast Sunday ~ România 🇷🇴Mission ~

9/6/20
Sunday, Funday!
Bill and I picked up our friend, Denise, from the Metro Station and got to the Panduri Branch a few minutes early so I could set up the nursery room (I've been asked to be a "Consultant" in Primary along with my calling as the 1st counselor in Relief Society 😆).  With the cases of Coronavirus still on the rise in Romania there are still many members that don't feel comfortable coming to church (fortunately, the Branch streams our Sacrament Meeting through Zoom so the members can still be a part of our Sunday gathering).  Anyhoooo, we now have about 9 nursery/primary aged kids (and one Deacon who I've deemed to be my helper ~ which he affectionately calls "my slave") to gather into one classroom. I prepared a lesson; Alma 17 ~ where Ammon travels to where the wicked Lamanites are, becomes King Lamoni's servant, defends the king's flocks (stones and cuts off many arms in the process 😏) and teaches the Gospel of Christ to all of King Lamoni's people.  There were only 2 kids there today; Joseph (my Deacon "slave") and Mario; few in numbers but great in spirit!
We then traveled over to the Mihai Bravu chapel for our first ever YSA (SA, friends and new members) Sacrament meeting! It is not officially a "new" branch, just a 2nd meeting time for the Mihai Bravu branch.  We had 35 in attendance and it was a great testimony meeting (and Sunday School class after). 
We then had a "Break the Fast" with a smorgasbord of delicious food that the Faslev's, Doru's and the Sora Missionaries helped with and provided scrumptious desserts.  Denise, Diana and Sora Doru helped me set it up and it turned out great and was dilly-icious!
One thing we are trying to help our missionaries understand is the importance of them being glued to their new friends at church or any activity.  As they introduce them to others they need to make sure that their friends always have someone to talk to and/or be with.  It is so critical for people that are investigating the church to have others fellowshipping them.  There is nothing worse than to go somewhere, that you have been invited to, to only have to hang out by yourself.  The missionaries are really good at this but because I am ultra sensitive to it anytime I see anyone alone my radar shoots up and I hunt down the missionaries to bring that person along with them.  I was very fortunate because when I was investigating the church, I felt the spirit so strong that I knew, without a doubt, that this was the restored church of Jesus Christ brought back to the earth in this dispensation and I was going to be a part of it, regardless of anything or anyone. But because I had Kenna and then other young members (and old) to welcome me, it was easier to want to come to church and gather with them to learn about Jesus Christ and His Gospel.  My sister, on the other hand, had Sister missionaries travel over from Oakland to Martinez, CA to teach her but once she was baptized the missionaries went back to their area and Jill did not have a super strong support system.  I am not giving her excuses but I believe if she would have had more support by the members that perhaps she would have remained strong and active in the church.  Don't get me wrong; once you have been baptized and make covenants with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ you should honor and strive to keep those promises but it just makes it a little easier when you have other people rallying around you.
In the top left corner is Hamid (a friend), Tibe (our District Pres), Brittany (moved here from Iasi and her husband is finishing up Dental school) and Elder Matthews and Pres Doru in the background. Middle picture is of an open heart that Tibe made me ~ he is phenomenal at origami! The far right pic is hilarious as we have a new friend that is a massage therapist. She started working on Elder Ekstrom so I swooped in and took his place (let me just say she is good ~ all the tension from the day melted away and I need to make a weekly appt with her 😁)! Bottom picture is after it's all over and we finally are able to pretty much collapse and take deep breaths (Elder Falslev, Billy, Tibe, Sora Falslev, Elder Chandler, Elder Ekstrom).  As most of you know I am a "total" social butterfly but having major activities 2, 3 and sometimes 4 times a week gives me my fill of socializing 💛😉💛!
Here are the 9 Missionaries that have been called to Romania!  They have spent 2 weeks in Hungary and now today we had a Mission-Wide fast for them to be able to cross the closed borders into Romania! We know our fasting and prayers are powerful and we will watch the Lord's hand in the next few weeks to see it come to pass 💙😇💙!