Sunday, March 1, 2020

(26) ~ HaPPy MoTHeRs DaY ~ Romania 🇷🇴Mission (PRE-Covid19)

Sunday, May 10, 2020
Sunday, March 1, 2020
Happy Mothers Day to all you beautiful women in my life! You are all such an example to me ~ I've had so many women that have shaped me and helped me to become the person I am today. They range from my own Mother, my Mother-in-law, my Daughters, my Daughter-in-laws, Sister-in-laws, Aunts, Stepmoms, Sisters, Stepsisters, Cousins, Teachers, Leaders, Associates, 'Calling' buddies, Young Women and Friends.  Thank you for being you and for always shining and being such a bright light in my life. I love you and I appreciate you 💙😇💙! Have a fabulous day and know that you have made a difference in my life.
Here in Romania we celebrate Mother's Day on March 1st; the first day of spring.  All the women make all kinds of sweet little gifts for the other sisters in our branch and pass them out during Sacrament meeting. Then during Relief Society we are gifted with all kinds of delicious treats ~ it is amazing, delicious and so thoughtful.  We have such a cute, funny ward.  I still have to get used to their language - not just the words but the way they talk.  It reminds me of the movies made about old foreign countries where everyone shouts at each other even when they are just talking normal.  Even though Romanian is a 'romantic' language it sounds a bit more like Russian or German! I just continue thinking (when they are shouting at me) that they are saying, "I love you jamie, you are the sweetest", this way my feelings never get hurt!  Needless to say it was a fun, flavorful day!
Spring is in the air and there is so much to be grateful for.  I love how all the colors are coming alive and surrounding us as we travel around.  It is beautiful and makes everything bright and gives hope of new beginnings!