Saturday, January 28, 2017

~heartland

January 29, 2017
We had to check on something at the Farm after church (usually we don't ever have to go out there on Sundays) and Kenny took us through a "short cut" which took us past a little community, over an undeveloped bridge and across somebody's back yard!  These adorable children were there and they must have had visitors do the same thing because they knew if they stood by the passage that we took to exit the chances of them getting some money was very good!   Kenny gave them each some bills and then Billy did and then I did.  It was totally unnecessary but they were so darling and grateful how could we ever turn them down!?! There was an older boy who was just on the side (probably around 8 or 9) that didn't want to beg or take any money.  After Bill and Kenny went ahead I pulled out some more money and insisted that he take it.  He was so sweet & kept telling me, "Arkoun"! (Thank You)
How could you resist these little darlings?
We got to the Farm and Kenny and Bill checked on the pasteurizing machine
and then we went back to the barn to visit with everyone, including the cows!
The boys don't seem to ever want to leave so I've learned that if I bring my Nook Book
along I can read the scriptures, next week's lesson, the Ensign or a novel!
Then I don't mind so much hanging at Moo Moo Farms!😜
We see so many crazy 'vehicle' scenes but because they usually occur while I am on my Moto
I don't get to take pictures.  While I was going back to the office (from the barn) I saw the
first truck driving along and all their heads were in perfect sync as they were checking out
something across the street.  The 2nd truck was a stroller in the back of the truck with the
parents were sitting on the floor and the baby was IN the stroller - What the!?! 😟😟😟