Tuesday, October 4, 2016

~let's get this party started

October 4, 2017 
I made it to Jakarta!! I came out of the wrong door at the airport and had to reenter to find Kim but it was a sweet reunion with one of my best friends in all the world!  We traveled home in her comfy van with her very nice driver! Kim's complex (Pakubuwono Residence)  is GORGEOUS!!!

It has all the amenities of a 5 Star Luxury Hotel ~ there are 5 huge high-risers in their complex; 24 floors in each tower.  They even have their own Elevator (sort of) ~ there are 5 different elevators in the apartment and each one opens to an apartment from the 2 doors - one door will go to one apartment and the other opens to the other.  Your card code will only open the elevator door to your side of the apartment - Way Cool!  When "our" elevator door opens it's to Kim's entry hall!  We take off our shoes and go inside for some lunch. They have opted out of a maid/cook since it is just her and Steve.  
 
We talk and visit and took a tour around her place!
It has everything: Weight Room, Post Office, Laundromat, Conference Rooms, Massage Spa,
Tennis Courts, Pools (indoor/outdoors), Play Area, Outdoor Tables and Chairs for lounging,
studying, visiting or eating and an amazing Walk-way around the whole unit!  
When Steve got home that night and after we had some dinner he took my phone and got me 
all set up with "WhatsApp"!  This way Kim and I can talk and text as much as we want 
with no charge!  I hope he doesn't regret that decision down the road (teehee!)! Here is 
the picture Kim took of me for my WhatsApp photo!  Day One = Perfect!
I got up super early (3:30am) and got ready for the day and was just hanging in my room checking 
my email! When I finally went out to the kitchen at 5:30am everyone was gone. I found a note from 
Kim telling me she would be back after seminary.  My heart just dropped and I was soooooooo sad.  
I hurried and texted her to let her know I was up and sorry that I missed her.  Fortunately they 
hadn't left yet so I was able to run downstairs and jump in the car before they left!! Phew ~ that 
won't happen again - I thought we were going to leave the house at 5:30am but now I know we are 
supposed to be in the car by 5:30am. What a relief - I don't know how much more drama my 
little heart could take after the airport incident!! The traffic is crazy but I just expect that in all 
Asian countries so no surprise to see all these kids, Moto's and cars going crazy in the streets!