Thursday, October 6, 2016

~airplane

~really?
Had a wonderful time with Kim in Indonesia and an uneventful flight to my connecting country (Thailand).  While still on the plane I started getting a little worried as we were pulling in a little late to our gate.  I only had an hour to get to my connecting flight and it was on a different airline. When we booked my flight somehow I was listed as a "Mr" not a "Mrs" and they wouldn't let me change it on-line.  I was so afraid that they would not let me on the plane, especially, as I read in the little fine print, that my ticket and passport needed to match exactly.  Once we came to a complete stop and the doors opened I got off the plane and started running!  The passport line was a mile long and then once I got through it I discovered another very long line to get back into the reservation area.  Fortunately, for this line, a sweet little gal had sympathy for me and assisted getting me to the front of the line (the 2nd gal I talked to).  By the time I got to the check-in counter my plane was taxing on the runway.  I was, of course, crying as I was buying yet another ($109.00) airline ticket to get me back to Cambodia.  Slowly and quietly (with no one stopping me) I made it up the stairs to the "Sleeep Box".
A little sad and lonely night but feeling very blessed for a cozy, comfortable bed)!
Lesson Learned - Sometimes saving money at the beginning ends up costing more in the end.  Double check on how much time between connecting flights and don't forget about having to go out and reentering the terminal for customs and declarations.  Better yet, spend the extra money and use the same airline to book all the flights - it will save a lot of time and money in the end!
 
At least I knew the routine with "Sleeep Box" so in a way it became my (4th) 'home away from home'!