Friday, January 26, 2018

~chestnuts roasting by an open fire

January 10-27, 2018
Before:
We have loved and enjoyed our fireplace for many years!  We are planning on moving
back to Alpine for good (famous last words 😉) so we thought it was time for a change!


Had to remove the old . . .

Bill had to build up the empty space to hold the stones and the mantle piece.
We went out to Heber to track down the perfect old piece of wood that would serve as our new mantle. We purchased a 14' piece, had it cut down to 8' and hauled it back to Alpine.
It cost $140.00 but it was so worth it (and I'm sure we will find a use for the other piece)!

  This piece of wood is 100 years old and came from Alaska (and has a
number of nail holes that will be showing on the front side)!

Bill did such a great job!  He had to cut and measure and then lift the
big board up to place it on the very top all by hisself!  Quite a chore!

Then our Mason, Brandon, came and began working! After the big stone was placed
it seemed to catch my eye a little too much so I asked him to break it up a bit.
Unfortunately, the cool part was cut off and what was left was a square that I wasn't too fond of.

I really know how hard it is to make all the puzzle pieces fit correctly but it was still bothering me. I had already expressed my duress over it and told him I would just put my faith in him to make it right.

Thank goodness he made the pieces smaller as it makes a huge difference!

Almost competed!  Brandon was fast and efficient!  I'm getting so excited!

The "AFTER" which I LOVE!  Good job, Brandon!

Truly Amazing!

If you need a Mason I would highly recommend Brandon.
He was fast, efficient and cares about the customer and his craftsmanship!