Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bad Accident, Good Friends


Good and bad that the Schulthess' were here. Bad, of course, because they were on vacation and their first experience was to have an accident and can you imagine if they would have been badly hurt? I would have just died. But the good was that they kept me company and we laughed instead of ~if I would have been by myself~ cried. I am so grateful we all had our seatbelts on - that would have been a total bad scene had we not. I guess in the city (Bangkok) when we are in taxis and there are no seatbelts in the back seat I am assuming since everyone stops and goes so much that the drivers pay more attention. In the little town that we were traveling through, the driver must not think to ever worry about stopping in the middle of a road because probably not too many people don't use the overhead cross walk to get from one side of the street to the other (we were waiting for a little old lady to cross the street, she had just stepped onto the curb when I was hit and then my car hit the gal in front of me ~who would have hit the little old lady~ I wonder if the little old lady even knew what had happen because we stopped to let her cross the street - in the states this would be like attempting to cross State Street in Orem with no stop lights anywhere during rush hour - I kid you not).