Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Goodie Bags ~ Romania πŸ‡·πŸ‡΄ Mission ~

~April 30, 2020
We've spent the last 3 days getting our Goodie Bags ready for all the Missionaries in Romania!
The Mission Office in Hungary ordered all of our supplies and sent them to us.
πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹And some extra candyπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

Each day when we arrived Billy would settle in for some District Presy stuff then do a bunch of Mission "busy work". He did most of the write-ups for: car maintenance, apartment inspection, water filters, etc., so I wouldn't have to deal with any of it 😍 ~ it's nice to know each others strength and weaknesses!   

A very organized assembly line! 
I know it seems like an easy thing to do but even though they said there were a 100 gloves in each box (by weight) it seems like some of the gloves must have been on diets because 2 of the boxes were shy of a 100 and one had a few extra.  I must have counted each box 3 times so I knew the exact number of gloves in each box, the miracle of it all was that we actually ended up still having 400 gloves total ~ coincident? I think not (and I know there were not exactly 100 in each box ~ I promise!).
Sister Hettinger had added a yummy candy bar then I had Elder Matthews run out and grab some more cute bags and added another box load of candy for me to add to the bags πŸ˜‰ (he's a good man)! 
The Faulsuv's came and helped for a couple hours one day and Sora Gaskin and Sora Teuscher came during one of their breaks and helped!  It was a lot funner and faster with buddies helping πŸ˜€!
The AP's, Elder McLaws and Elder Church, were also making trips with some Elders to take them to their new destination.  They came over to the Church to sort out the mail and gather the bags that they would be taking with them to the Missionaries that they would be seeing!
These two Elders are a crack-up ~ I have to keep Elder Matthews away from them as they have way too much fun!Last group to be packed up ~ I'm afraid I may have gotten a little confused with the number of bags we needed.  I thought we had 39 missionary's so I made up 40 bags.  After a little recounting I realized there were 45 missionaries and this did not include the 3 Senior couples ~ my bad.  I spent more times counting and recounting the gloves then on any other part of this project ~ putting them in then taking them out and spreading them into 45 bags from 40 bags. Quite a tricky job πŸ˜…! Consequentially we had to let the Missionaries know that they would be getting 6, 8, or possibly 10 gloves in their bags πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³!


Sora Garlitz and Sora Clawson sent us a sweet "Thank You" text and picture of them with their Goodie Bags! They are the cutest!
Here are all of our Amazing Missionarys in Romania ~ we are so excited to meet many more this week ~ Transfers Rock!

We were extra sad (as you can tell in our picture) during our very last District meeting with all of these exceptional Missionaries. Elder Wilkinson is going to Constanta πŸ˜“, Elder Firth stays 😁, Elder Church stays πŸ˜, Elder McLaws is going to Cluj (West Zone) πŸ˜“, Sora Gaskin is going to Brasov (East Zone) πŸ˜“ and Sora Teuscher is staying😁!  We are very sad to lose these young Missionaries but we are also super excited for them to go and touch more peoples lives in a different part of Romania! Farewell sweet kids ~ until we meet againπŸ’™πŸ˜‡πŸ’™!