Monday, July 3, 2017

~fourth of July (2) 2017

I was pretty exhausted after our Idaho visit so Bill and I stopped in Tremonton at the Hampton Inn; I'm still having constant headaches and even though it was a super fun 
day, it wiped me out! The next day we decided to go out to Logan to celebrate the 4th 
of July.  We drove up there on Tuesday and went on a tour of the Tabernacle and also a "special" tour of the Family History Center (even though it was officially closed).  
The 'key master' was the sweetest old man and he spent an hour with us telling some amazing stories and showing us all around the Family History Center!  We then 
dropped by our dear friends Melanie and McKay Brown's and had a nice 
(although quick) visit and saw most of their sweet children and grandchildren!!!

 That afternoon we ate at the Bluebird Restaurant, checked into Motel 8 
(which really smelled and even though they switched our room it was 
only a little better but not much - and this little creature [above] was on 
my arm the next morning).  We rested for a bit, went and watched the 
fireworks from our car, then went back to the motel and at about 2am 
I started having results from food poisoning that lasted 4 days😖😓😟😫😳.  
We were going to hook up with the Browns again and have dinner Wednesday night with the Schulthess' but I was just way too sick.  We came back to South Jordan to our Airbnb, and I spent 
most of the next few days in the bathroom.  Thursday around midnight we made a trip to the ER 
as my symptoms were not getting better (I had only had ginger-ale and water which both went strait 
through me with each sip).  We were afraid I was getting dehydrated.  It probably wasn't the best 
idea to wear my BYU sweatshirt after realizing the closest hospital was the U of U Medical Center 😆
And nothing like ending the week with another appt with Dr. Miller to finish 
lasering my right eye with a new light bulb (with one on standby!)!